What a blur of a year this has been. I feel like my head hasn’t stopped spinning since the new year. Don’t get me wrong, the holidays are my favorite time of year. The weather, gift giving, all of the twinkly decorations, it’s all so fun, but slightly overwhelming.
I think it’s mostly in my head, but the pressure of a new year approaching seems so monumental to me. Another year with tons of opportunities that will present themselves, choices you have to make and struggles that you may have to get through. I have to remind myself that it’s a part of life to have unknowns and you can’t control or lay out your life in its entirety.
However, I do always tend to set goals for the upcoming year so I can keep myself motivated and driven.
- Get in shape. Yeah yeah, I know EVERYONE and their mother puts this on their resolutions, but I want to remind myself to keep going to the gym because I have had a good running streak as of now and I want to keep it going.
- Work with more brands and expand the blog. I really enjoyed the last year and I was lucky to work with a lot of cool new brands that inspired me. I want to not only do that but also continue to provide meaningful and thoughtful content out to you guys.
- Work on my positivity. This year has taught me a lot about believing in myself and the mindset that I have when certain things get me down. I tend to drown in my pessimism. Bring on the sunshiney attitude.
- Try new things. Now I am not talking about trying new foods or styles, but really try new things that are “scary” to me. Fear gets the better of me often and I
wantto push through that more in 2019.
- And lastly, travel more, love more, drink that second glass of red wine, read more… you get the gist. Enjoy this life to the fullest and with my every being. As corny as that sounds, it’s often
forgettenand it is what makes life beautiful.
What are your new year’s resolutions? Or what things do you want to continue to do in 2019? I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Until next time,