I’ve recently had a lot of questions about who did my wedding makeup, and guess what- it was me! I am not a makeup expert, but I knew the day of that I wanted to feel like the best version of myself. Keyword being myself. Many brides go for the ultra-glam look, but I really wanted to look and feel like a fresher, glowier version of myself. So I decided to do a lot of research on what products to purchase and what look I wanted to go for.
Since my wedding was in the summer, I wanted my makeup to be breathable and light. I decided to go for a healthy, bronzed glow on the skin with copper and brown tones on the eyes. I kept it pretty simple and the whole routine took me about 20 minutes (or maybe less) to do.
If you are worried at all about doing your own makeup, my advice is don’t be. Everyone has different skill levels, of course, but if you are comfortable with doing your makeup day to day and are doing a simple look, then it’s totally possible. It helps save money and it’s a very personal experience IMO.
Here’s a rundown of all the products I used for the big day:
- This primer adds just a touch of glow to your skin because it has a tiny bit of highlight in it. It’s a great base and I like that it kept my makeup in place without feeling heavy.
- This CC cream is a perfect harmony of both matte and glow. It’s really easy to blend and looks like “your skin but better.”
- This concealer is very moisturizing, but to be honest I probably won’t be repurchasing it. The coverage just isn’t heavy enough for me. If you are looking for light coverage though, this might be for you!
- Perfect finishing powder that keeps my oils at bay. I will definitely be repurchasing!
- Love this contour and highlight duo. Really blendable and adds the perfect amount of definition.
- Eyeshadow primer that prevents colors from creasing.
- Glossier’s newest mascara is really great at separating lashes and giving them length. Doesn’t really add a ton of volume, so expect a natural look.
- Just a classic brown eye pencil. ‘Nough said.
- This is by far the most expensive piece of makeup I bought, but the color payoff is so rich. It has both a powder and cream shadow, so you can layer them or use them to accent each other.
- This multi-stick is great for lips, eyes or cheeks, but I only use it on my cheeks. It’s such a pretty color and very blendable.
- This is a clear lip pencil that prevents any bleeding when wearing bright lip colors. I am not a lip pencil girl, so it’s nice to have just one product that works for all lipstick colors.
- This lipsticks lasts, lasts, and lasts some more. It was a savior through drinking and eating at the wedding dinner and I loved that I didn’t have to worry about reapplying all night.
- This is the ONLY brow product I use. It makes your eyebrows look naturally filled in and I love it. I have been using it since it first came out and it doesn’t look like I’ll be switching anytime soon.
What kind of wedding makeup did you do on your day? How do you feel about the DIY makeup trend? Comment down below, I’d love to hear from you.
Until next time,